What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded onto your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in providing numerous services of the information society. Among others, they allow a web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their device and, depending on the obtained information, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from where the cookies are sent and processes the obtained data, two types can be distinguished:
- First-party cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the requested service is provided to the user.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the obtained data through cookies. In case the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them is processed by a third party, they cannot be considered first-party cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they are stored in the client's browser, which can be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only of interest to keep for the provision of the requested service by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of purchased products).
- Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie's responsible party, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification according to the purpose for which the obtained data is processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform, or application and use the different options or services that exist there, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, performing the purchase process of an order, making the request for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing contents for the dissemination of videos or sound, or sharing contents through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: they allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria on the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: they allow those responsible for them to track and analyze the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in measuring the activity of websites, applications, or platforms and in creating browsing profiles of the users of said sites, applications, and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data that users of the service make.
- Advertising cookies: they allow the most efficient management of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they store information on user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows for the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer. By deactivating cookies, some of the available services may stop working. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser's Help menu where you can find instructions. The user can choose at any time which cookies they want to work on this website.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
Cookies declaration used on bikeexperiencemallorca.com
Cookie list and information:
|Cookie name||Owner||Duration||Cookie type||Purpose of the cookie|
|bikeexperience-cookie-consent||bikeexperiencemallorca.com||1 year||First-party cookie||Technical cookie|
|bikeexperience_session||bikeexperiencemallorca.com||2 hours||First-party cookie||Technical cookie|
|_ga||google.com||2 years||Third-party cookie||Analysis and marketing cookie|
With this information, you can take the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during the current session.
- Close. The notice is hidden on the current page.